Revamping with 5 Universal Robots of an Automated Storage Line
A leading French gold jewelry manufacturer had worked closely with ASM to automate the storage of its various jewelry designs. The goal was both to automate stocking in vertical rotating automatic storers but also to automate stock removal generated by customer orders. The main difficulty of this project came from the large number of references to manage (more than 1000), packaged in plastic bags of different sizes.
In 2020, ASM optimized the performance of this installation by replacing the Cartesian manipulation system with 5 UNIVERSAL ROBOTS in the "ceiling".
The line delivered to our customer has the following technical characteristics:
- Automated jewelry sourcing direct from manufacturing
- 5 UNIVERSAL ROBOTS robots installed in the ceiling
- Automated item weighing, bagging, labeling and storage
- Stock issue for end customer order integrated into the customer's ERP
- Integration of SCHNEIDER PLCs
- A line 28m long and 8m high, made up of 4 Electroclass cabinets with a total of 4000 drawers
Since its creation in 1997, ASM has designed and installed more than 300 production machines, prototypes and pilot installations in France and abroad, of which here are some examples:
- Production line with 10 Universal Robots
- Fully automated assembly line
- Assembly station for the high-speed medical industry
- Automated conveying, weighing and mixing for industrial perfumers